blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentastic!

This years Valentines Day was definitely a bit on the disappointing side. Now before you suspect me about to bash my husband for not showering me with chocolates and flowers and gifts, let me stop you. I am definitely not that kind of girl who expects the day to be all about her. Quite the contrary. I would be happy with a red box rental, a bowl of popcorn and a snuggle on the couch with my man. Why this Valentines day was so disappointing was because Ben and I were both crazy crazy sick. Too top it off, Ben is working on his second masters degree and he has class every Thursday from 5:30 -9:30 pm that he cannot miss. So I was sick at home trying to entertain Easton without vomiting and poor Ben was in class trying to retain information for 4 hours while not vomiting. It was quite a day.
There were some notable perks to mention however!! Ben took a brake from work and drove home to surprise me with my favorite flowers ever!! They are a flower we discovered while in Hawaii last month visiting Maui's lavender farm. And spending time with my little Valentine turned out to be great. He was such a little trooper while his mommy was basically incapacitated, and even let me take a few cute Valentines Day photos of him.
Hope you all had a great Valentines day filled with much less sickness than we had going on at the Lichty's Party Palace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips