blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brown Sugar Hot Chocolate

I love brown sugar and am always tempted to indulge myself with a spoonful now and then. For anyone who might have just cringed, don't worry, I don't actually eat spoonfuls of brown sugar.....but someday I just might try it :) In fact most of my cookie recipes I like to swap out regular granulated sugar for brown...or at least sneak a little in. And this is why I love this hot chocolate recipe so much, its got brown sugar and its a keeper!

Brown Sugar Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup water
4 cups whole milk
3/4 cups brown sugar,  packed
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Melt chocolate and water together in a double boiler. Slowly stir in milk, sugar and salt. Whisk until blended. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips